The company was previously valued at $1.5B in September 2021. Here are the top-line bullets you need to know.
Whatnot, a livestream shopping platform for collectibles, has raised $260M in a Series D. The round drew participation from CapitalG, DST Global, Y Combinator, Bond, and Andreessen Horowitz.
How’s the company performing?
- California-based Whatnot operates a livestream marketplace for professionally authenticated collectibles.
- In 2021, the company raised 3 funding rounds and grew by more than 20x year-over-year.
- The firm has more than tripled its monthly sales in 2022 YTD.
- Whatnot has inked partnerships with music artists like Fat Joe and YouTubers like Logan Paul, among others.
- The company has launched its own comics publishing arm, Whatnot Publishing.
- Whatnot is looking to expand its sales, marketing, and engineering teams.
Why does the market matter?
- The global live e-commerce market is currently valued at $7.4T and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8% until 2030, according to Dataintelo.
- The rapid growth of e-commerce and online shopping, increased internet penetration, and elevated consumer spending on web products and services have contributed to growth in this market.
- The acceleration of e-commerce growth amid the pandemic has also driven market growth.