Wellness has become vital to consumers' daily routines. This mega-trend is cutting across sectors ranging from personal care to real estate and more.
Many factors are contributing to the growth of the $4.2T wellness economy.
Notably, millennials are more lifestyle-focused, placing a greater value on health and wellness over material goods than ever before. According to Eventbrite data, 78% of millennials would choose to spend money on a desirable experience over buying physical goods.
There are also broad concerns over the US healthcare system — specifically that traditional medicine is gender-biased and that patients aren’t always treated holistically.
Simultaneously, wellness has become a kind of religion for some consumers, leading to the rise of nontraditional sources for creating healthier, happier, and more balanced lifestyles.
Wellness is becoming increasingly prominent across different areas including fitness, corporate wellness, sleep, and more.
Here we do a deep dive into how wellness is now having an impact on every facet of a health-focused consumer’s day — and each of the industries this touches.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity