Private company financing dropped to the lowest single week of funding ($203.4 million) of the year, while deal volume (97) was modestly down compared to the prior week. California was the top location for funding followed by Connecticut. This was the first time in over six months that Connecticut made the funding list. The Top 5 funding league table was rounded out by Massachusetts, Colorado and Texas. Massachusetts’ weekly funding continued to drop but the state held onto the third spot for the fourth consecutive week. This past week was also the second time in this quarter that Colorado has made the list. Finally, Texas made its fourth appearance on the list since the start of this quarter and has moved up to the fourth most funded location for the quarter-to-date. Interactive charts on the past week’s dealflow are below (they may take a second to load). To see profiles on the private companies receiving funding in the last week, logon to CB Insights.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity