High growth private company financing dropped to the lowest single week of funding ($224.9 million) since February of this year, while deal volume (108 deals) modestly improved compared to previous week. California was the top location for funding last week followed by Massachusetts. The top 5 funding league table was rounded out by Washington, Oregon and New York. Washington ousted Texas from the league tables which it had been featured in the last few weeks. Oregon took the fourth position and set a new high for weekly funding. Finally, New York returned to the top 5 rankings after failing to make the list in the previous week. Interactive charts on the past week’s dealflow are below (may take a second to load). To see profiles on the private companies receiving funding in the last week, logon to CB Insights.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity