The Labor Day holiday saw a dip in financing activity as private company financing fell to $253 million with only 76 deals recorded this past week. California was still the top location for funding despite a 40% decline in deal volume compared to the prior week. North Carolina claimed the second spot with a second consecutive week of strong dealflow and its largest single deal for the year. The top 5 funding league table was rounded out by Washington, New Jersey and Colorado. With last week’s tally, Washington has overtaken both Texas and New York for total funding raised in the third quarter-to-date (QTD) rankings. Finally, after being MIA for several months, New Jersey made the funding list for a second week in a row. Interactive charts on the past week’s dealflow are below (they may take a second to load). To see profiles on the private companies receiving funding in the last week, logon to CB Insights.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity