The funding will help Verana Health enhance its AI capabilities and build out its technology and data ecosystem. Here are the top-line bullets you need to know.
Verana Health, a digital health company, has raised $150M in a Series E. The round drew participation from Johnson & Johnson Innovation, Google Ventures, and Novo Growth, among others.
How’s the company performing?
- California-based Verana Health leverages an exclusive real-world data network, consisting of over 90M patients, to offer quality drug lifecycle and medical practice insights to physicians and life science companies.
- The platform manages data from more than 20K healthcare providers and 70 electronic health record (EHR) systems.
- Verana Health has established data partnerships with the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Academy of Neurology, and the American Urological Association.
- The company has offices in San Francisco, New York, and Knoxville.
Source: Verana Health
Why does the market matter?
- The global digital health market is expected to reach a value of $767.7B by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 17.9%, according to Allied Market Research.
- As of Q3’21, digital health startups had raised 27% more funding than they did over the course of 2020.
- The pandemic has placed incredible pressure on healthcare systems across the globe, which has driven up the demand for digital health solutions to enhance operational efficiency.
Want the full post? Become a CB Insights customer.
If you’re already a customer, log in here.