Although there is decreased investment flying to Twitter startups versus last year, venture capital firms and angel investors have not stopped their investment in the Twitter ecosystem completely and actually are investing across a wide array of industries. As we’d discussed, these investors have plowed $10.3 million into pure-play Twitter startups.
Here is the composition of investors making bets on Twitter. When looking at amount of funding, we see that venture capital and angel investor collaborations account for over 50% of investment.
To identify and find information about venture capital and angel investor-backed companies,
login to CB Insights for free
. Or you can click the green button or sign up
for free access.
When looking at investor composition based on the # of rounds, we see rounds with solely venture investors comprise 50% of deals. Interestingly, this statistic coupled with the graph above indicates that venture capital and angel investor tandems are investing more per round than venture capitalists going it alone.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity