Supply chain tech startups saw funding nearly double in the first quarter of the year.
While funding declined overall to US-based VC-backed startups in Q1’20, supply chain tech saw a boost in the quarter.
In Q1’20, funding to supply chain tech companies nearly doubled compared to Q4’19, reaching $1.3B. Deal count also increased by 60% QoQ to 48 rounds.
Some of the top supply chain tech deals in Q1’20 include:
- robotics company Berkshire Grey‘s $263M Series B in January
- a $53M Series A to Colorado-based Outrider in February
Supply chain tech was just one bright spot for investment in Q1’20 — other growing areas of focus included AI, cybersecurity, and smart cities.
Take a look at all the underlying data and more insights in our PwC / CB Insights MoneyTree Report™ Q1 2020.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity