As we’ve noted in our quarterly venture capital reports of the last several quarters, healthcare companies have consistently led the VC sector league tables. Within healthcare, the medical device industry has been the primary area of growth from a venture capital investment perspective.
Peeling back medical devices one more level down to CB Insights’ sub-industry level, we see the growth in medical devices has been driven by strong venture capital investment growth in surgical devices as can be seen in the data below.
What is driving the momentum in surgical devices, and do you expect it to continue?
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity