To receive weekly dealflow data and other data on high growth private companies, sign up the free CB Insights newsletter.
Josh Kopelman of First Round Capital spoke about change coming to online shopping and his belief that more disruptive innovation is coming to eCommerce. Then, of course, Groupon’s massive $135M investment by DST and Battery Ventures demonstrated that big dollars are now flowing to eCommerce ventures.
We took a look at historical eCommerce funding and deal levels tracked by CB Insights from 1998 through 2009 to see what the hard data suggests about this trend. And the story as you can see for venture capital investments in eCommerce is a positive one.
Moreover, based on our early 2010 deal data, eCommerce dealflow may have its biggest year-to-date since the apex seen in 1999-2000.
To see CB Insights’ profiles and investment activity for eCommerce companies and investors participating in these deals, logon to CB Insights.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity