Asia-based tech companies raised over $18B in 2014, and US VCs continued to pile into the region. Specifically, 123 US-based VCs made an investment in an Asian tech company in 2014, more than the 106 that made an investment in European tech companies that year.
Thus far in 2015, 63 unique US VCs have made at least one equity investment in an Asian tech company, putting this year on track to reach or eclipse 2014’s total for US VCs investing in Asia. This year’s investments include nine-figure rounds to Olacabs, iwjw.com, and Apus Group, among others.
Want more data around US VC activity in Asia? Login to CB Insights or sign up for free below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity