Despite the well-publicized IPO drought for VC-backed companies, Union Square Ventures-backed Twilio went public today. Twilio entered the public markets at a valuation of $1.2B, slightly above its last private market valuation of $1B.
Twilio is 7th billion-dollar exit for USV to-date. USV is known for backing well-known companies like Twitter, Tumblr, Etsy so we used CB Insights into where Twilio ranks among USV’s all-time lagest exits.
(Fred Wilson of USV recently wrote that Twilio’s was the best seed pitch he had ever seen.)
Most impressively, USV has notched at least one billion dollar exit per year since 2011, check out the breakdown below.
|Company||Valuation||Exit Type||Exit Date|
For a breakdown of USVs exits by year, see below.
For more information on Union Square Ventures exits sign up here or below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity