The cumulative value of US-based Unicorns is $211B. While the list is anchored by “decacorns” like Uber ($40B valuation), Palantir ($15B), Snapchat ($15B), SpaceX ($12B), Pinterest ($11B), Dropbox ($10B), and AirBnB ($10B), this is the aggregate value of all 57 private US VC-backed companies that are worth $1B or more.
This collection of companies is now worth more than tech titans such as Amazon, Intel, Cisco, and many more. Of the Nasdaq 100, only Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Facebook have a higher market cap than the privately-held US Unicorns.
Public valuations via Nasdaq
The chart below shows the relative value of these unicorns to some notable Nasdaq companies. For example, the unicorns are worth 7.94 Netflixs, 7.79 Intuits, or 1.19 Amazons. Said another way, if all of these unicorns failed, it’d be the equivalent of 1.19 Amazons. Check out the unicorn to Nasdaq company conversions below.
The full data below.
Want more data about Unicorn valuations? Login to CB Insights or sign up free below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity