As Uber expands across the world, here are some of the international clones that they may have to vie with.
Businesses that become successful in the US can generally expect to see the quick rise of clones pop up all over the globe trying to establish dominance in their market. In our “Attack of the International Clones” series, we’ll be finding the international clones of American companies found in the “similar companies” tab on each company profile page. This is a small snippet of what the page looks like:
Below is a list of international Uber clones, specific to mobile, car hailing companies. As Uber continues to grow, their international expansion plans will have to consider these existing players. It may also be that Uber which has traditionally not been very acquisitive will start to acquire copycats in other markets if the buy vs build tradeoff seems advisable.
*Funding is for Kuaidi Dache only. Didi Dache was not included in this analysis due to their merger with Kuaidi Dache.
Want more information on international financings and M&A? Check out our venture capital database below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity