The company was previously valued at $5.3B in May 2021. Here are the top-line bullets you need to know.
Trade Republic, a commission-free brokerage and stock trading platform, has raised $268M in an extended Series C round that drew participation from the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan.
HOW’S THE COMPANY PERFORMING?
- Germany-based Trade Republic allows users to buy and sell cryptocurrency, shares, and derivatives.
- The company has 1M+ customers and over $6.4B in assets under management.
- The startup is supported by a team of 700+ employees and currently has a market presence in Germany, Austria, France, Spain, Italy, and the Netherlands.
Source: Trade Republic
WHY DOES THE MARKET MATTER?
- The wealth management platform market is expected to reach a value of $7.2B by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 14.2%, according to The Insight Partners.
- The accelerated adoption of digital tools amid the pandemic, the increase in first-time investors, and the rise of alternative investment platforms have contributed to industry growth.
Want the full post? Become a CB Insights customer.
If you’re already a customer, log in here.