CB Insights collects data on the venture capital industry and track its investments over time. In the last four quarters (Q3 ’09 to Q2 ’10), we’ve tracked more than 2,700 investments in US companies by venture capital firms. We regularly look at and aggregate the companies receiving venture capital funding in our quarterly venture capital reports. We’ve also looked at the demographics (race, gender, education, etc) of founders receiving venture capital money.
And now we’re turning our attention to the venture capital firms themselves with our list of the Top 30 Most Active Venture Capital firms of the last year.
These 30 firms participated in 663 unique deals (24.4% of all deals) with aggregate deal value of $8.67 billion in investment (37% of all investment). This week, we’ll look at firms #11-30; next week, we’ll reveal the Top 10. Here’s the list:
|#19||Bessemer Venture Partners||23|
|#25||Arch Venture Partners||21|
|#25||Charles River Ventures||21|
Methodology : Ranked based on equity investments made by US-based VCs in US-based companies from July 2009 through June 2010.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity