Also covered are Netflix's hagfish strategy, the Brooklyn Nets, the arrival of the 1099 economy, and whether the Facebook data kerfuffle actually matters.
Today’s CBI client-only morning note unveils the top 100 VCs and also digs into:
- China’s lead in face-tech and their new algorithmic beauty score
- Amazon’s destruction of margins in the smart home space
- How the privacy kerfuffle around Facebook really won’t matter
- An early Facebook investor who is now fintech unicorn hunting
- Netflix’s hagfish strategy
- 115 ICOs and one of the largest ICO scams to date
- The top 100 VCs
- Big sports deals and the 1099 economy’s arrival
Face-tech in China
There are some crazy dystopian things going on in China in what we’ll call face-tech.