We mapped out the top-funded tech startup in Latin America by country, including unicorns like Rappi in Colombia and iFood in Brazil.
Since 2012, more than $5.7B has been invested across over 520 equity deals to tech startups in Latin America.
Using CB Insights data, we identified the top-funded VC-backed tech startups in Latin America by country, based on disclosed equity funding. Collectively, the startups on our map have raised just over $2.5B (as of 5/6/2019).
See the full infographic below, and the complete list of startups at the end of this post.
Our analysis excludes debt funding and only considers tech companies that have raised at least $1M of equity funding. Companies included have all raised funding since 2014. We exclude subsidiaries and majority-owned startups.
Please click to enlarge.
- The most well-funded startup in Latin America is on-demand delivery startup Rappi in Colombia with over $1.4B in total disclosed funding.
- Rounding out the top 3 most well-funded startups in the region are online food delivery platform iFood in Brazil ($590M in total disclosed funding), and Panama-based co-working startup Selina ($195M).
- 2 of the 11 companies featured in our map are unicorns (valued at $1B+): on-demand delivery startup Rappi in Colombia and online food delivery platform iFood in Brazil. Selina is a potential future unicorn, valued at $850M.
- The region is home to 4 countries whose most well-funded tech startup has raised over $100M in funding. Only Rappi has raised more than $1B+ in equity funding.
- The least well-funded startup on the map is Singularities in Costa Rica which raised $1.3M in August 2018.
|Company||Total Equity Funding