Corporate venture capital has been going global, with private companies in the UK and China see more funding than ever from deals involving corporate venture arms in 2015.
Breaking out the most active CVC investors in these markets, as well as India, we see that Qualcomm Ventures has been active in sourcing international investments, ranking among the top 4 investors in each of these countries. Intel Capital took the top spot in both China and India, while Bertelsmann’s various investment arms also made appearances (tying for third with Cisco Investments in India).
The UK in particular saw active CVCs coming from a diverse group of industries. In the UK, Qualcomm Ventures was joined by pharma ventures such as SR One and Johnson & Johnson Innovation and a consumer-packaged goods corporate in Unilever Ventures.
Want to better understand the corporate VC landscape? Check out our private market database below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity