The most active venture capital firm of 2009-2010 is New Enterprise Associates.
Last week, we initiated our series on the Top 30 VC firms presenting to you top venture capital firms ranked #11 to 30. As a reminder, the 30 firms in aggregate participated in 663 unique deals (24.4% of all deals), which yielded $8.67 billion in aggregate investment (37% of all investment) from July 2009 through June 2010.
Now, we turn our attention to the Top 10 most active venture capital firms from Q3 ’09 to Q2 ’10. These 10 firms led the pack with at least 28 deals each. Taking the crown in this period was New Enterprise Associates, with an impressive 59 deals. Here’s the list:
|#1||New Enterprise Associates||59|
|#2||Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers||52|
|#3||First Round Capital||48|
|#4||Polaris Venture Partners||37|
|#9||North Bridge Venture Partners||29|
We will be looking into where the top 30 are making their investments by sector in subsequent posts with a specific focus on the top VCs’ activity in the healthcare, internet, and greentech/cleantech sectors.
And, as a reminder, here’s the rest of the top 30 from our previous post:
|#12||Draper Fisher Jurvetson||26|
|#15||Highland Capital Partners||25|
|#19||Lightspeed Venture Partners||23|
|#19||US Venture Partners||23|
|#19||Bessemer Venture Partners||23|
|#25||Arch Venture Partners||21|
|#25||Charles River Ventures||21|
Methodology : Ranked based on equity investments made by US-based VCs in US-based companies from July 2009 through June 2010.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity