Tiger Global Management, Chase Coleman’s fund with over $13B in assets, has been an active investor in the tech industry, participating in over 25 deals to startups such as Warby Parker, Redfin, Glassdoor and Pure Storage last year. Having just raised another $1.5B fund for investing in technology companies, Tiger’s investment pace looks to continue and potentially accelerate. Given Tiger’s success in investing and fundraising, we wanted to understand the firm’s syndicate relationships to understand where they are sourcing deals from using the firm’s Investment Syndicate dashboard on CB Insights.
Not surprisingly, the investors doing the highest number of deals into companies that Tiger Global subsequently invested in includes some of the top tier VC firms in the country. Industry veterans such as Greylock Partners, Benchmark Capital, Accel Partners, and First Round Capital rounded out the top 4.
Greylock Partners invested in companies like Nextdoor, Redfin, and Actifio among others prior to Tiger. Benchmark was second highest with investments into Glassdoor, Brazilian daily-deal company Peixe Urbano (emblematic of Tiger’s global focus), and Quora, who just raised $80 million in funding from Tiger Global at a rumored $900 million valuation.
Below are a selection of investments made by Tiger Global into companies initially financed by Greylock, Benchmark, Accel and First Round Capital.
To access data on hedge fund and mutual fund investments into private companies including Tiger Global’s investments, sign up below for free to access CB Insights.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity