After last week’s lackluster funding data, investors were back to business as private company financing soared to $499 million driven by a whopping 126 deals this past week. California held onto the top position with 40% growth in funding and nearly double the number of deals vs. the prior week. While California showed strong growth, it was the emergence of the Southern States (Tennessee and Georgia) that lifted funding totals. Tennessee followed California in funding just edging out Massachusetts for the second spot. The Top 5 funding league table was rounded out by Massachusetts, Georgia and Washington. After three weeks of slow activity, Massachusetts returned to a healthy level of funding with over $60 million. Georgia set a new high for weekly funding and made the funding list for first time this year. Washington continues to outpace New York and Texas so far in the third quarter. Finally, while New York placed sixth in funding this past week, it should be noted that the Empire State was second overall in deal volume. Interactive charts on the past week’s dealflow are below (they may take a second to load). To see profiles on the private companies receiving funding in the last week, logon to CB Insights.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity