Venture capital-backed startups with consistently highly ranked mobile apps are a rarity. So when one of our alerts highlighted an app that consistently cracked the top 1000 ‘Overall’ apps and which was in the top 50 Lifestyle category for the last 6 months, we decided to take a look.
That app is ShopTap’s The Hunt, a community-driven shopping app that allows users to find and purchase items seen in photos on Tumblr, Pinterest and other social networks. Between 5/26/2014 and 6/3/2014 the app jumped over 300 spots in the overall ranks (although it has fallen back a bit since)
In April, the San Francisco-based company received a $10M Series B round from Khosla Ventures and Javelin Venture Partners and has raised $18.2M in total equity funding in addition to a $2 million credit facility from Square 1 Bank. The Hunt operates in the visual and contextual commerce space along with companies including Pinterest, Hukkster, Fancy and Wanelo. As the chart below highlights, The Hunt has ranked consistently in the top 50 ‘Lifestyle’ apps since November.
If you’d like to to stay abreast of additional mobile app store analyses and fast moving publishers, sign up for our free newsletter.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity