This past week, high growth private company financing saw a decline in deal volume (103 Deals) with a modest improvement in total funding ($324 million) vs. the prior week. Although California set a new low for 2010 with $85M in financing, it was still the top location for funding. Massachusetts followed closely behind California with a surge in funding that launched the state over the $60 million mark for the first time in seven weeks. Texas took hold of the third spot hauling in its largest single week of funding for 2010. The top 5 funding league table was rounded out by Minnesota and Colorado. Minnesota appeared in the top 5 rankings for only the second time in 2010. Interactive charts on the past week’s dealflow are below (may take a second to load). To see profiles on the private companies receiving funding in the last week, logon to CB Insights.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity