Late last year, we’d issued a list of Tech IPO Pipeline companies – those which have valuations greater than $100 million and which might be on the road towards an eventual IPO. Today, we wanted to revisit the list to see how the companies have done in four short months. Interestingly, there have already been significant exits involving the companies as we detail below.
In fact, in just the last 4 months, seven of the companies on the list have exited and the aggregate value of the companies exiting has been over $2.56 billion. Three of the seven exited via IPOs and were valued at an average of $357 million and a median of $332 million on the day of their public offerings. The remaining four exits came via acquisitions and saw the companies valued at $1.49 billion collectively. Interestingly, the acquisitions were larger than the IPO offerings as the average transaction size for the M&A exits stood at $371.3 million and the median came in at $377.5 million.
Details on the seven companies that have already exited which we’d predicted as Tech IPO Pipeline companies can be seen on the Research page after logging into CB Insights (Note: This research brief is free for anyone)
We’ve also added 6 new companies to our Tech IPO Pipeline which can be seen on the Research page here (This is CB Insider content only)
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity