Tech IPO activity in 2014 ended strong suggesting good things for 2015. The last several weeks have seen more US-based VC-backed tech IPOs, than the previous four months combined, as Connecture, Hortonworks, New Relic, Workiva, Lending Club. and OnDeck Capital exited via the public markets.
December looks like it will be the 2nd most active tech IPO month of 2014 behind only March which saw a total of ten public offerings including Coupons.com, Castlight Health, and Aerohive Networks, among others.
After China-based Alibaba’s massive September IPO slowed Q3 VC-backed tech IPO activity, Q4 saw activity pick up which may portend good things especially given the robust Tech IPO pipeline of promising private tech companies that exists. 2014’s venture capital-backed US tech company IPO activity is given below.
For more data surrounding VC-backed tech IPOs, login to CB Insights or create a free trial account below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity