The United States once again dominated all countries by number of tech exits in 2014, with over 1000 private company tech exits in the year. (Grab the free 2014 Global Tech Exits Report here)
Internationally, Europe was at the top, led by the UK which placed second with over 150 tech exits. Germany came in at # 4 and France at #8.
Asia was also well represented, as India placed in the top 5 in exit activity for the second straight year with over 80 tech exits, followed by China at #6 who was bumped from the top 5 by Canada (# 3 with over 100 exits) behind increased M&A activity.
See below for the full country rankings by tech exits of 2014.
Want to track tech exit activity globally? Check out the 2014 Global Tech Exits Report or sign up for a free trial below to access the underlying data on the CB Insights platform.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity