The summer 2017 release of CB Insights tightly integrates our research and the platform with the launch of the Research Portal and the “CB Insights Research” tab of our search engine (Top Search). This release includes an enhanced landing experience: the Home Feed, that provides you with the latest activity among companies/sectors you’re following as well as your team activity, so that you stay in-the-know about the most important information. The Home Feed also facilitates collaboration and commenting as it is centered around Collections. Read on for more details.
When capabilities will be available
All clients will see the new Home Feed, updated navigation, and Research Portal and integration of research into Top Search as of July 18, 2017. Expert Intelligence is being activated for select accounts (generally those at higher level subscriptions) at launch.
- Latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Edge
- Safari 9-10
- IE 11
Research Portal: CB Insights Research now lives within the platform.
Expert Intelligence: 1 place to find all Expert Intelligence from CB Insights.
Research integrated into Top Search along with boolean logic: CB Insights Research tab features all relevant research results.
Onboarding Tours: We’re introducing in-app tours with this release to guide users to some of the most high-value capabilities of the CB Insights platform.
- New users will take tours of Collections and Top Search.
- Returning users will also have an opportunity to take those 2 tours.
- In-feed commenting enables collaboration.
- Replaces MyCBI as the landing experience in the platform.
- MyCBI is still accessible via link at the top of the Home Feed, for a limited time
- Combines all of your private collections into one feed and shows what’s happening among all of them.
- Archived collections are not a part of the home feed.
Sidebar Navigation – the navigation now appears on the side of the page. New functionality includes
- Pinning functionality allows you to bookmark Collections.
- Collapsible nav: you can collapse the navigation by selecting the hamburger menu on the blue bar on the top left of the page (next to the CB Insights logo).
- Icons help you find exactly what you need in the nav.
- Business Social Graph: There’s a shortcut to get to Business Social Graph in just one click from the nav.
- Each Private Collection now has its own “Feed” that displays all updates for that Collection.