The funding tripled TalkDesk’s valuation, bringing it to $10B. Here are the top-line bullets you need to know.
Talkdesk, a cloud-based contact center solution, has raised $230M in a Series D funding round with participation from Franklin Templeton, Viking Global Investors, and Top Tier Capital Partners, among others.
HOW’S THE COMPANY PERFORMING?
- California-based TalkDesk provides cloud-based contact center software to help businesses enhance customer support functions.
- The company has 1,800 customers, which includes Cannon, Trivago, Acxiom, Fujitsu, and IBM, among others.
- TalkDesk recently launched Talkdesk Workspace, a customizable interface for customer support teams, and Talkdesk Builder, a workspace customization tool.
- The company has over 300 contracted partners, and it doubled its employee count to about 2,000 over the past 2 years.
- It integrates with Salesforce, ServiceNow, Zendesk, Slack, and Zoom, among others.
WHY DOES THE MARKET MATTER?
- The global cloud-based contact center market size is projected to grow at a CAGR of 25.8% and reach a value of $36.1B by 2025, according to Markets and Markets.
- Demand for enhanced customer experiences, the rise of remote work due to COVID-19, and an increased focus on scalability alongside minimal capital investment have all contributed to industry growth.