To receive weekly dealflow data and news of high growth private companies, sign up for the free CB Insights newsletter.
We’d previously looked at government investment in young, emerging companies and wondered if Uncle Sam is the nation’s largest venture capital investor. We recently shared CB Insights’ data on state-sponsored entrepreneurial programs with Forbes Magazine who highlighted 11 such programs in an article entitled “States That Truly Bet on Small Business“.
Using CB Insights data, Forbes highlighted the following 11 state entrepreneurial funding programs.
- Ohio Third Frontier
- Michigan Pre-Seed Capital Fund
- Massachusetts Technology Collaborative
- Ben Franklin Technology Partners
- New York State Foundation for Science, Technology and Innovation (NYSTAR)
- Texas Emerging Technology Fund
- Maryland Technology Development Corporation
- Connecticut Innovations
- Maine Technology Institute
- SC Launch
- Indiana 21st Century Research and Technology Fund
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity