To receive weekly dealflow data and news of high growth private companies, sign up for the free CB Insights newsletter.
We’d previously looked at government investment in young, emerging companies and wondered if Uncle Sam is the nation’s largest venture capital investor. We recently shared CB Insights’ data on state-sponsored entrepreneurial programs with Forbes Magazine who highlighted 11 such programs in an article entitled “States That Truly Bet on Small Business“.
Using CB Insights data, Forbes highlighted the following 11 state entrepreneurial funding programs.
- Ohio Third Frontier
- Michigan Pre-Seed Capital Fund
- Massachusetts Technology Collaborative
- Ben Franklin Technology Partners
- New York State Foundation for Science, Technology and Innovation (NYSTAR)
- Texas Emerging Technology Fund
- Maryland Technology Development Corporation
- Connecticut Innovations
- Maine Technology Institute
- SC Launch
- Indiana 21st Century Research and Technology Fund