The home is a major hub for consumer technology startups offering everything from on-demand painters to smart washing machines.
Investors are pouring money into startups that are changing consumers’ home lives. While some startups are providing services that help with household chores, others are trying to transform your home itself by making it smarter. We used CB Insights data to identify 84 funded private companies that are making households more efficient and convenient.
Startups in the service category include:
- Grocery-delivery startups like Instacart and Blue Apron
- Clothes-washing startups like FlyCleaners and Washio
- On-demand home maintenance startups like Paintzen and Helpling
- Home goods e-commerce companies like One Kings Lane and Bathrooms.com
Startups that are dedicated to improving your house itself include:
- Smart appliance makers like Heatworks and Ecovent
- Solar companies like Sunrun and Solexel
- Security companies like iControl Networks and Canary
- Home-automation hub makers like Electric Imp and Zonoff
- Energy-efficiency companies like Chai Energy and Plotwatt
Want more data on connected home startups? Check out our venture capital database below.