If you’re going to reach out to the CEO, founder, CTO, etc of a high-flying, hot-as-heck emerging technology company, you need more than an email to be successful (we have those emails btw). You want context on the person. You want to know if they’re in the media, how often and what they are talking about, what they care about, etc. So to make this easier, we’ve introduced a Buzz score for people working at startup firms.
For each person at a firm, we’ll look at their number of press mentions and compare them against our universe of people to determine if they are in the top 1%, 5%, etc of startup executives based on the amount of buzz they’re generating relative to others. For example, if you’re on the Hubspot profile and go to the Key People section, you’ll see the following which provides a snapshot of who the most buzzed about people are at Hubspot – Dharmesh Shah, Brian Halligan, Dan Zarrella and Mike Volpe:
As you can see, some folks like Dharmesh Shah or Brian Halligan have their names hyperlinked. Clicking those will take you to a page like that below which shows you all the news over-time we’ve captured for that person. If you are trying to get a meeting with Dharmesh, the context these press mentions provides you is a powerful one-two punch and will save you countless hours you’d otherwise spend Googling to piece together the information on your own.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity