Also covered are PayPal and Square's acquisition strategies and the startups tackling edge computing.
Today, we’ve got Michael Phelps, a round of startup deaths, the funding drought to nootropics, the space with the most billion-dollar exits, and more:
- The RIP report: a roundup of recent startup deaths
- Duo Security was the 6th billion-dollar exit in cybersecurity in 2018
- Nootropics: the big market that never materialized for investors
- The startups bringing edge computing to smart cities
- PayPal and Square acquisitions
RIP Report: Recent startup deaths including Apprenda, Twigly, Lantern
Here are a few notable startup deaths in the past few weeks. To see deaths in the last 30 days, just run this search.
This company provided an enterprise platform-as-a-service (PaaS) platform that offered public, private, and hybrid clouds. Apprenda had raised $55M with investors including NEA, Ignition Partners, Safeguard Scientifics, and others. Its profile lists other competitors and similar companies.