The Series A round drew participation from Angel Bridge, Hiroshima Venture Capital, and Yamaguchi Capital, among others. Here are the top-line bullets you need to know.
SmartRyde, an airport transfers service platform, has raised $1.6M in a Series A. The round drew participation from Angel Bridge, Hiroshima Venture Capital, and Yamaguchi Capital, among others.
HOW’S THE COMPANY PERFORMING?
- Japan-based SmartRyde allows users to book rides to and from the airport.
- The startup has collaborated with 650 local transportation operators, 100 travel agencies, and 25 online travel agencies (OTAs), including Booking.com, Expedia, and Trip.com.
- The company currently operates in 150 countries and provides services that cover 700 airports.
- SmartRyde has a team of 15 employees.
WHY DOES THE MARKET MATTER?
- The global mobility as a service (or MaaS) market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 31.1% and reach a value of $70.4B by 2030, according to Markets and Markets.
- Key factors contributing to market growth include the development of 4G and 5G networks, the increasing penetration of smartphones, the need to reduce CO2 emissions, and growing urbanization and smart city initiatives.