In February, we’d highlighted that enterprise communication app Slack had been steadily rising in the App Store rankings – moving into the top 100-ranked ‘Business’ apps. At the time, Slack’s App Store rank looked like the chart below, despite not having raised financing in 34 months. We wondered, has Slack’s momentum, and thus its ranking, ‘slacked’ since?
Clearly not, according to the data. Since its Feb 12 launch, Slack has ranked in or near the top 100 ‘Business’ apps since attaining a top 100 rank for the first time in February. In April, Slack announced a $43M Series C from investors including The Social + Capital Partnership, Accel Partners and Andreessen Horowitz at a valuation of $250M.
Below is the App Store rank chart for Slack since October 2013 to present (Updated as of Slack’s latest $120M financing from Kleiner Perkins and Google Ventures at a $1.12B valuation). The app’s quick rise and subsequent steady rank performance at the top of the business apps rankings is pretty stark. This app ranking data comes directly from CB Insights’ Performance Metrics. These metrics are available to CB Insights subscribers in the Division or greater plans.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity