Earlier, we’d highlighted that 2013 saw 206% more $10M+ tech Series A deals than 2009 with hyperactive VC Andreessen Horowitz participating in the highest number of super-sized Series As.
Using the interactive “Rankings” feature on CB Insights, we identified the top 10 largest U.S.-based tech Series A deals since the start of 2013. Together, the deals made up over $580M in aggregate funding. AirWatch’s Series A, which weighted in at $225M from Accel Partners and Insight Venture Partners, led the list by funding amount. Interestingly, VMWare acquired the mobile security company for $1.54B just a year after its initial raise. Cloud computing startup Digital Ocean’s recent $37.2M Series A round from Andreessen Horowitz clocked in at fourth on the list of largest tech Series As.
For more venture capital financing data and interactive rankings by stage, check out the CB Insights Venture Capital Database. Sign up for free below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity