The global agriculture markets have long suffered from information gaps. With increased technological innovation changing everything about ag tech and big data, Gro Intelligence has emerged as a key player closing these information gaps, allowing people to understand how agriculture affects our world.
In episode 2 of the CB Insights podcast, we spoke with Sara Menker, the founder and CEO of Gro Intelligence, who went from a numbers-focused commodities trader to a self-proclaimed agriculture data “geek”.
A few highlights from this podcast include:
- Sara’s story of growing up in Africa to becoming a commodities trader.
- Building Gro Intelligence and launching their latest product, Clews.
- How data is helping shape the future of food.
- Broader food tech trends and what “food tech” really means.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity