Also covered are the somewhat sad state of corporate innovation, a $10B pivot, Singapore's tech powerhouse, and more.
Today’s CBI client-only morning note unveils two hot sectors and more:
- Santander gets some blockchain PR (but doesn’t solve customer pain)
- BMW’s new bet on the picks & shovels of autonomous vehicles
- The somewhat sad state of corporate innovation
- Say what?! A $10B public company just pivoted
- Punching above its weight — Singapore’s tech ecosystem
- A who’s who of VCs investing in chronic disease management
- Amazon isn’t getting into this space. Hallelujah!
Gotta get some of that blockchain
Last year, The Guardian shared a leaked memo by Santander highlighting the amount of revenue the bank makes from international money transfers and that it charges 6x more than some of its insurgent rivals. Here’s the money slide from the memo.
Look at those rates vs TransferWise for sending 10,000 GBP From UK to Europe.
So how has Santander responded?