Over the past two years, Russia has seen a dramatic increase in venture activity into its digital startup ecosystem – bolstered by both local venture firms such Runa Capital and the Moscow Seed Fund as well as internationally-based institutional investors including Tiger Global Management and Naspers.
CB Insights’ customer, The Internet Initiatives Development Fund (IIDF) of Russia used our Business Social Graph to highlight the diversity of companies, investors and acquirers now fueling the Russian startup investing landscape. See the full map below highlighting the networks and relationships on the Russian Internet investment and M&A front between 2012 and H1 2014.
For those unfamiliar, The Internet Initiatives Development Fund (IIDF) is an investment fund and accelerator delivering financial support and expertise to promising online startups in Russia on their early stages of development.
Photo Credit: Dennis Jarvis
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity