Rocket Internet is said to be worth somewhere between $4.5 and $5.7 billion and is headed for an IPO.
Given this, isn’t Rocket the most valuable incubator/accelerator in the world? Yes – even more valuable than unicorn hunter Y Combinator. A lot of folks have been trying to replicate Y Combinator’s success, but why isn’t anyone trying to build another Rocket Internet?
Even traditional venture capital firms might be able to take elements from the Rocket playbook as well, right?
We know they get knocked as a copy cat factory among other things, and their model is not completely analogous to YC or to VC, but their operational prowess is something to marvel at. Should folks be building and trying to replicate Rocket Internet? Some earlier data we published on Rocket for those unfamiliar as well as a comparison of Rocket Internet clones vs. competitors.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity