Major corporations are mentioning robotics 2.5X as much as they did 2014.
Robotics makers and industrial groups clearly have robots and automation on the mind. Publicly-traded companies have increasingly mentioned robotics and related keywords on their earnings calls.
The trend hit a peak in Q1’18 with 698 mentions on earnings calls, which amounts to a 250% jump from the 198 mentions seen in early 2014.
Robotics and cobots (the industry term for collaborative robots) have seen a steady increase likely because of new competitive pressures around automation. We’ve previously detailed how a number of industries are being revolutionized by cheaper and better performing robotics.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity