The funding will help Roadrunner Recycling enhance its technology and support US expansion. Here are the top-line bullets you need to know.
Roadrunner Recycling, a waste management platform provider, has raised $70M in a Series D round that drew participation from Beyond Net Zero.
How’s the company performing?
- Pennsylvania-based Roadrunner Recycling offers waste and recycling management solutions to commercial businesses across 20+ industries.
- The company claims to have helped its customers save $50M to date, by diverting over 200,000 tons of material from landfills across over 8,000 locations.
- A few of the company’s clients are Forman Mills, Avery Dennison, and PM Hotel Group.
- Roadrunner Recycling, which is supported by a team of more than 400 employees, currently operates across 16 cities in the US.
Source: Roadrunner Recycling
Why does the market matter?
- The global waste management market is expected to reach a value of $2.48T by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 3.4%, according to Allied Market Research.
- Proactive government initiatives as well as the adoption of waste to energy (WTE) solutions and recycling programs are contributing to growth in this market.
- Rising CO2 emissions have increased the demand for waste management solutions.