2021 was a record year for global wealth tech funding, deals, mega-rounds, unicorns, and more.
Global wealth tech funding reached record highs in 2021. Funding to the sector grew 156% year-over-year, driven by 35 mega-rounds that accounted for 71% of funding for the year.
In our State of Wealth Tech 2021 report, we dive into global trends to spotlight takeaways, including:
- Global wealth tech funding, up 156% YoY at $14.6B
- $100M+ mega-round funding, totaling $10.4B
- The wealth tech unicorn count, up 257% since 2020
- Which region led in global deal share and funding in Q4’21
- Which region drove record exit activity in 2021
- And much more
Below, check out a few highlights from our 73-page, data-driven State of Wealth Tech 2021 Report. For deeper insights, all the record figures, and a ton of private market data, download the full report.
2021 WEALTH TECH FUNDING MORE THAN DOUBLES TO REACH $14.6B
See which wealth tech deals drove funding growth, from types of deals to the regions that raised the most funding.
35 MEGA-ROUND DEALS WORTH $10.4B SET A NEW RECORD
Find out which companies raised the biggest wealth tech rounds of 2021 across deal stages and geographic regions.