New records were set in a huge quarter for global & US funding, exits, valuations, and more.
Following a record-breaking Q2 in the world of venture, investments to startups worldwide continued to climb to new highs in Q3’21.
In our State Of Venture Q3’21 Report, we dig into global investment trends to spotlight takeaways like:
- Another global funding record, up 105% year-over-year
- The 5+ US metros with billion-dollar quarters
- The highest-valued new unicorns of Q3’21, and the sector driving 1 in 3 new unicorn births
- Which investor is doing 1.5 deals a day, and other top-ranked firms
- The sector reaching nearly $100B in total funding in 2021
- Which companies are exiting at billion-dollar valuations — and SPAC data galore
- Asian tech hubs driving the biggest deals — including 195% YoY funding growth for one country
- And much more
Below, check out just a few highlights from our 263-page, data-driven State Of Venture Q3’21 Report. For deeper insights, all the record figures, and a boatload of private market data, download the full report.
Get the Excel file with all the underlying data found in this report
GLOBAL FUNDING JUMPS 105% YOY TO HIT NEW HIGH
See who’s leading the explosion in global funding, from the startups seeing the top deals to the regions with the biggest funding booms.
Q3 SEES RECORD $100M+ MEGA-ROUNDS, UP 136% YOY
See the startups and investors that notched the quarter’s biggest deals.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity