New records were set in a huge quarter for global & US funding, exits, IPOs, valuations, and more.
More than a year into the pandemic, investment to startups worldwide exploded to new highs in Q2’21, as funding poured in across regions and sectors.
In our State Of Venture Q2’21 Report, we dig into global investment trends to spotlight takeaways like:
- The new global funding record, up 157% year-over-year
- Which startup raised a blockbuster $3B in the quarter’s top deal
- The highest-valued decacorns, or companies valued at $10B+
- Which investor is doing 1.3 deals a day, and other top-ranked firms
- How US company valuations compare across deal stages
- Which company saw a massive $73B exit, and other M&A and IPO trends
- Which US tech hub is competing to become the next Silicon Valley
- And much more
Below, check out just a few highlights from our 190-page, data-driven State Of Venture Q2’21 Report. For deeper insights, all the record figures, and a boatload of private market data, download the full report below.
Global funding rises 157% YoY, surges to new high
See who’s leading the explosion in global funding, from the startups seeing the top deals to the regions with the biggest funding booms.
136 new billion-dollar companies are born
See which unicorns rank the highest in terms of valuation — and who’s investing in them.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity