Startups in Latin America raised $20.2B in funding in 2021. From investment trends to unicorn births, we break down the region's record year.
2021 venture funding in Latin America nearly quadrupled from previous years’ levels. Deals, unicorn births, and exits also reached record highs.
In our State of Venture 2021: Latin America Report, we highlight regional investment takeaways including:
- Record funding levels, both in terms of deal count and dollars invested
- The sector accounting for more than half of investment in the region
- Unicorn births that led to the total number for the region nearly doubling in 2021
- The country where startups raised the most venture dollars, and the city emerging as one of LatAm’s hottest tech hubs
- Which country saw the largest YoY growth in funding in 2021