PwC and CB Insights' Q4 2019 MoneyTree report highlights the latest trends in venture capital funding globally.
US VC funding and deals fall for the second straight quarter
US VC-backed companies raise $23B in Q4’19, down 16% compared to Q3.
Graph shows US deals and dollars Quarterly. Source: PwC CB Insights MoneyTree™ Report Q4 2019
Global deal activity, funding declines in last quarter of 2019
Global VC funding falls 16% in Q4’19 compared to Q3’19.
Asia and Europe see increased deal activity, while North American deals fall
North American deal activity declines for the second consecutive quarter in Q4’19; four states more than double investments while most decline.
Graph shows top 10 states by investments. Source: PwC CB Insights MoneyTree™ Report Q4 2019
Access previous Venture Capital Funding Reports
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity