PwC and CB Insights' Q4 2018 MoneyTree report highlights the latest trends in venture capital funding globally.
NORTH AMERICA MAINTAINS ITS POSITION WITH MOST QUARTERLY $100M+ ROUNDS
North America saw 51 mega-rounds in Q4’18, down from 55 in Q3’18.
US ANNUAL FUNDING HITS $99.5B AMID FALLING DEAL ACTIVITY
Total annual funding in the US increased by 30% in 2018, as $99.5B was invested across 5,536 deals.
NORTH AMERICA SURPASSES ASIA FOR MOST NEW UNICORNS FOR THE SECOND STRAIGHT QUARTER
North America saw a record number of private companies hit $1B valuations in Q4’18, at 21 companies.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity