PricewaterhouseCoopers and CB Insights' 2017 MoneyTree report highlights the latest trends in venture capital funding globally.
To see the most recent MoneyTree Report, click here: Q1 2018
US ANNUAL FUNDING TOPS $70B FOR SECOND TIME
2017 was the second year that saw dollar funding top $70B, but deals declined for the third straight year, falling 4% from 2016 and reaching the lowest annual total since 2012.
22 PRIVATE COMPANIES REACHED A BILLION-DOLLAR VALUATION IN 2017
GLOBAL FUNDING TOTAL SURGES TO POST-2000 RECORD, PROPELLED BY ASIA
Total annual global funding increased nearly 50% in 2017, as over $164B was invested across 11,042 deals. Deal activity was up by 11%, with both deal and dollar figures representing annual highs.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity