PwC and CB Insights' Q3 2019 MoneyTree report highlights the latest trends in venture capital funding globally.
US VC funding levels and deal activity fall in Q3’19
US VC-backed companies raise $26B in Q3’19, a 15% decline compared to Q2’19. Deal activity fall 16% to 1,304 transactions.
Three Top 10 Metros see investments drop over 10%
Bay Area funding and deal activity fall sharply in Q3’19: Bay Area VC sees a 19% quarterly decline to $12B in Q3’19.
Number of US unicorns sets new record despite recent IPOs
As of Q3’19, there are 180 private VC-backed US companies valued at $1B+.
Access previous Venture Capital Funding Reports
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity